music layout @ HOTFreeLayouts.com love / music / movies / frazy
HotFreeLayouts
Tracy's Writings

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

As a child I always thought being a "nerd", "dork", or "geek" was a bad thing. It's those kinds of names people actually use if you're smart, if you're seen as not having any kind of dimension, are dressed sort of odd, have an interest or good at subjects that aren't seen as normal(Whatever normal is). If someone called me a nerd now, I'd be complimented because I'd feel that means I don't fit into some stereotypical mold.

Not every "nerd," "geek," or "dork" is the stereotypical "Steve Urkel" or a character from "Revenge of the Nerds." Most people who are labeled these terms end up great thinkers or artists in their own right. And I envy those people who aren't scientifically, mathematically, musically, or artistically challenged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home