music layout @ HOTFreeLayouts.com love / music / movies / frazy
HotFreeLayouts
Tracy's Writings

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I have this CD, it's one of my favorites. It's called George Martin; In My Life. It's just a bunch of different artists doing covers of Beatles' songs. It features Robin Williams & Bobby McFerrin doing "Come Together", Goldie Hawn doing a cocktail lounge version of "A Hard Day's Night", and Celine Dion doing the classic "Here, There, and Everywhere." This CD can be compared to interpreting Shakespeare. When a person covers a song, they {the performers}come up with some kind of interpretation, just like an actor or actors would when doing a Shakespeare play.

To me, The Beatles are like nothing else. Nothing else could compare, maybe except each of the members solo efforts. Listening to music has done wonders for my soul, whether it's The Beatles, Queen, classical music, or Nirvana. No, I don't sing--but I did try guitar, but listening to a tune or someone singing lyrics that express the very same feeling I'm going through is such a wonderful feeling that words can not express.

Here is a poetry exercise I was playing around with...just wanted to make it known it is just for fun and play...

I eat worms for breakfast.
I carry large quantities of money in my backpack
Every afternoon I take a trip to New York City, London, and if there is time I make a pit stop to Ireland.
My best friend is John Lennon.
I never go anywhere without my large quantities of large money.
I go swimming in the nude.
I have the Statue of Liberty in my room.
Yesterday, Bill Clinton phoned me and offered a marriage proposal.
There is a purple and blue dinosaur hiding in my locker.


"What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books." -Sigmund Freud, neurologist, founder of psychoanalysis (1856-1939)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home